Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Day!!

Snow days is more like it! Evan was super excited that his Mommy and Daddy got to be home for 3 extra days last week thanks to the artic front that moved into the area. :) I worked Monday and Thursday, and Brett went in Monday and Wednesday. The roads were terrible here after the sleet on Tuesday and below-freezing temps the remainder of the week. Brrrrr! You would think that after that many days off work our house would be spotless, the oven would be gleaming inside and the spice cabinet would be organized alphabetically, but nooooooo. Quite the opposite in fact. We're glad to be back in a routine even though it was fun while it lasted.

Brett is studying for the final part of the CPA exam, so be thinking about him and send lots of luck his way next Monday! I know he'll do great, and he's certainly ready to have it behind him.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. Recent photos below:

On another note, Evan and I took a trip to Fort Worth to see his cousins, Aunt Jenn/Uncle Tom and Nonna last weekend. Evan was super excited to see Tyler, Grant, Blake and Carter. That night, Nonna and I took him to his first fancy dinner - not knowing it was a white table cloth, candle light and fresh-flowers kind of joint. It was pretty funny when we busted out the baby food and bib in this place, but the rodeo was in town and every other place was packed. I know - we should have just gone to Mickey D's - ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment