Friday, May 27, 2011

Evan Turns One!

Thursday, May 19th was Evan’s actual birthday, but we decided to throw his party on Saturday, May 21st. We were so excited that Meme, Judy, Megan, Preslee, Alaina, Heather and Addison came to town for the big celebration! Since Evan loves the monkeys on the Baby Einstein DVD’s, so we opted for a Monkey theme.

My aunt Judy (JuJu) made the cutest “Happy Birthday Evan” banners and cupcake toppers. Alaina painted the prettiest monkey centerpiece and helped Mom with the vines that we put over all the doorways. We were so excited that Meme, Judy, Megan, Preslee, Alaina, Heather and Addison came to town for it – they were all SUCH a big help! Also, big thanks to my mom who helped me run all my errands on Friday to get ready for the party…couldn’t have done it all without you!


Brett was king of the grill and made hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone. We also had chocolate dipped bananas (aka “Monkey Tails”), animal crackers, peanuts, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, banana punch and fruit kabobs. Alaina made scrumptious cupcakes – chocolate cake with banana-flavored frosting and banana-flavored cake with chocolate frosting. Mmmm! My friend Adrienne is a professional cake baker, so I had her make the main cake. I was thrilled with how it turned out. Tyler helped himself to the fondant monkey that sat on top. All in all it was a great party and we were so blessed to have our friends and family be a part of Evan’s special day. I can’t believe my precious baby boy is one year old.

A little piece of advice that was given to me by many: don’t wish for the next big milestone (i.e. crawling, walking, talking, etc.) because it all goes too fast, and before you know it he’ll be walking across the stage a graduation. I can honestly say that it’s already going by too fast and I do definitely cherish every minute with him. I love you EBO!









No comments:

Post a Comment