Evan Brett Osterkamp is here! He was born May 19th at 6:14 a.m. weighing 8 pounds, 14ounces and measuring 22 1/4 inches long!
Let's go back to the big day (now that it's been 3 weeks)! I started having contractions 5 minutes apart on Tuesday, May 18th at around 3:00 that afternoon. By 4 p.m. they were more regular, so we decided to hop in the car and head to the hospital in an attempt to beat rush hour traffic (thank goodness Brett had already taken the day off). We checked in just before 5 p.m. but Evan decided to stay put until 6:14 the next morning. Labor wasn't too bad once the epidural kicked in. I felt more sorry for the family that had to wait it out while attempting to get some sleep in those awful chairs! It was all worth it, right!?!?
Mom just before heading to the hospital
Amanda...thanks for sharing...such an incredible day!!! Wish I lived closer so I could hold him. Enjoy your new life...luv Joyce
ReplyDeleteLove this post- and you look FABULOUS, by the way!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS~
Katie B.